Arianta is a database created by the employees of the University of Silesia (Poland). It is the most complete and reliable source of information about Polish scientific and professional electronic journals.
The database contains verified and constantly updated information on 2,383 Polish electronic journals (as of 28.10.2011). One can find here a lot of links to journals websites and their archives with scientific papers (parts of or full texts published). Among the titles indexed in Arianta there are scientific journals with the Impact Factor, placed on the Index Copernicus list or on the list of journals scored by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education (Polish list).
The information available in the database includes:
- journal title (also previous titles),
- ISSN for electronic and printed versions,
- Web address,
- the date from which the journal is published in printed and electronic versions,
- publisher or causative institution,
- frequency of appearance,
- range of available tables of contents, abstracts and full texts,
- journal category (professional or scientific),
- domain classification,
- link to instructions for authors,
- scores of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Index Copernicus, Impact Factor.