The Journal Citation Report enables the assessment of the world’s most important scientific journals thanks to the numbers of citations and articles relating to almost all fields of exact and social sciences compiled in the database. In Journal Citation Report, the user can compare journals and choose particular titles by analyzing the following rankings:
- journals most cited in a given field,
- the most popular magazines in a given field,
- journals that have the greatest impact on a given field,
- journals publishing the largest number of articles in a given field,
- data for comparison on subject categories.
The data in JCR comes from over 7,600 journals published by over 3,300 publishers around the world and relates to 220 scientific disciplines. The database is released annually and contains data on the previous year’s publications.
Date range of the collection: 2008-2014